Are you interested in having the healthiest smile you ever had? Did you know that daily habits beyond brushing and flossing could be crucial to your teeth and gums, both positively and negatively? If you are experiencing any changes in your mouth, make sure they are positive ones. To help you, here are some oral health care tips to help you treat your smile right.
- Use safety gear and equipment for any activity that can potentially damage or injure your teeth and gums such as contact sports.
- Avoid sugary drinks and foods, as these can increase your risk for cavities and gum disease.
- Brush your teeth at least twice every day and floss at least once per day.
- Protect your mouth from horrible breath by brushing your tongue and teeth and using mouthwash when applicable.
- Get rid of any bad habits you may have that can damage your teeth including smoking and using drugs. These habits can also be deadly over time.
- Find out and keep a record of your complete dental history for your dentist should you ever move.
- Speak with your dentist about ways to improve your brushing and flossing techniques or what products you should be using.
- Schedule and attend all regular checkups and semi-annual professional cleanings with your dentist.
- Ensure you are not suffering from any eating disorders, and if you are seeking help right away.
- Prevent damage to your teeth by removing any mouth jewelry that can chip or crack your teeth and cut your gums.
These steps can help you avoid painful and costly effects from neglecting your smile. For an oral examination at Platinum Dental Group at our dentist office in Somerset, New Jersey, please book an appointment with Dr.Parikh, Dr. Nijhawan, Dr. Lee, and our team by calling 732-828-0606. We are always happy to address any questions or concerns with your smile.